lclint-interest message 38
From firstname.lastname@example.org Mon Mar 4 17:44:46 1996
To: LCLint interest list
Subject: Looking for LCLint success stories
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 96 17:11:08 +0100
From: Mathieu Antoine
I'm looking for feedbacks from practical experiences of LCLint on large
industrial projects. Typically, I'd like to:
- estimate the amount of effort required to introduce LCLint into a software
development process for a CMM Level 1 organization:
- estimate the return on investment
Consequently, I need data on:
- the cost to evaluate the tool
- the cost to introduce the tool into the developer's environment (training,
impact on existing code, impact on existing build environment)
- from which area come the benefits if any (product quality, maintenance
cost, time to market, ...)
- the typical time frame before getting the first benefits at the different
organization levels (for a single user, for a team of 5-10 engineers, for
a department of 50 engineers)
Thanks in advance.
PS: I have also a couple of question:
- Is there any plan for LC++Lint ?
- Did anybody try (even without success) to build LCLint 2.0 on HP-UX ?
(I didn't see HP-UX in the list of available binaries).
Mathieu Antoine Hewlett Packard
Telecom Networks Division
Phone: (+33) 76 62 50 14 Adaptation & Integration Center
Fax: (+33) 76 62 16 86 5, Av. Raymond Chanas - Eybens
Email: Mathieu_Antoine@grenoble.hp.com 38053 Grenoble Cedex 9 - FRANCE
University of Virginia, Computer Science